Monday, April 30, 2007

The Hitchhiker


Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars
Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
(...)
Thoughts in time and out of season
The Hitchhiker
Stood by the side of the road
And leveled his thumb
In the calm calculus of reason
Hi. How you doin'?
I just got back into town L.A.
I was out on the desert for awhile
Yeah. In the middle of it
Right...
Hey, listen, man, I really got a problem
When I was out on the desert, ya know
I don't know how to tell you
but, ah, I killed somebody
No...
It's no big deal, ya know
I don't think anybody will find out about it, but...
Just, ah...
This guy gave me a ride, and ah...
Started giving me a lot of trouble
And I just couldn't take it, ya know
And I wasted him
Yeah
- Jim Morrison
Into twilight.

No comments: